RCCC held our AGM on Monday 18 March. I want to thank our dedicated and hardworking executive committee and our members for being part of Redlands Coast “Naturally Wonderful” business community.
Thank you to the committee members who have stood down:
- Karen Brown – Redland City Council
- Stephanie Morris – Optimum Connex
- Cathy Young – Accelerate Business Consultancy
Congratulation to the 2019 Executive Committee (* re-elected):
- Lynne Sturgess – Precision Loans – President *
- Tony Curl – Think and Grow Business - Vice President*
- Rebecca Young – Personalised Freight Solutions – Vice President
- Susan Napper – My Business Partner – Treasurer *
- Ian Chester-Master – Your Financial Design – Secretary *
- Gordon Gage – Westpac Bank *
- Adrian Reavley – Express Print & Sign *
- Matthew Hunter – McCarthy Durie Lawyers *
- Andrew Bourke – Executive Security Group
- Cath Koch – Wildcat Design
- Megan Warren – Key to Kids
- Louise Morris – Sheldon College – LINQ Academy
A special message of appreciation to Executive Officer Naomi Cauley, who co-ordinates stake holders, event management and provides the professional services for the RCCC.
Updates of the AGM:
- new website – currently in development
- membership growth 18% (174 current, 155 same time as year)
- vote passed to update the Constitution bringing it in line with 30/6 financial year
- The proposed name changes to Redlands Coast Chamber of Commerce didn't get passed, we needed 75% to satisfy our constitution. We had 18 yes (62%) / 7 no. It is clearly a good conversation starter and research is being done on.
- Update on Redland City Innovation Advisory Group, Redlands Angels, Redlands Start-up, ARIP, Redfest, BaR, RWIB & Redlands Placemakers
“RCCC at Redfest” has started planning with a much simpler process for booking this year. Businesses will be able to bring banners; flyers and it will be a mix of expo & Redlands Coast in a large “casual styled” marque where the community and businesses can meet and engage with some interactive experiences.
RCCC will be part of the Redlands Delegation to Taiwan late March for the 2019 Smart City & Iot Summit & Expo aimed at business matching and looking for opportunities for Redlands Coast Businesses.
Keep up to date - visit redlandchamber.org.au and subscribe to our newsletter.
RCCC mission is clear: to make Redlands the best place in Queensland to do business.
Proudly yours in business